[JONAT] Fees

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Dec 6 07:46:01 2003

Mark

I've read your last few posts with interest as you've got me thinking (and
that hurts!), and am more and more coming around to conclusion that the more
complex we make this fees thing, the more hassles we will have figuring
things out.

How about the following for basic principles:

- each Sector to fund it's own activities and JONAT central to fund it's own
activities. - this will minimize the cross accounting which could make
things complicated.  The only cross accounting would be where individuals
sign up for the Tour on-site rather than pre-register.

- minimum registration fee per Sector is $10 (provides a free route book
with registration) with actual fee set by the Sector - theoretically then if
a person is doing 7 sectors it is only $70.  No magic in the $10, could be
$5 or $15 or whatever, but a low number would be the key.  We should also
set a maximum of say $75 (or whatever) - the difference being that the
higher value would include events (for example in your case Mark the
registration fee could include the Route 66 Tour registration - I use this
only as an example and don't mean to suggest this is what you do).

- all proceeds in excess of costs go to a charity (i.e. non profit).

The above are only my thoughts and I through them out for discussion
(comments, flames, or whatever), and my thoughts as of this hour - and are
bound to change depending upon where the discussion goes from here.

I've got to keep telling myself to keep it simple ...

Bob England