[JONAT] SC Conference Call(s)

Jamie - JONAT jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Nov 22 08:02:01 2003

After reading all of the recent comments, I'm starting to lean toward a
single conference phone call if it could be kept from "breaking the bank".
We haven't heard from everyone one this, and we're likely not going to as
that seems to be the way some people operate, but as we have one east coast
(sort of) response of having it later in the day, it should work out if we
aim at a 9:30PM east coast call.  In that way everyone across the continent
should be able to attend as that would put it at 6:30PM on the other coast.
While that may seem a bit late for the east siders, it is barely clearing
the "work hours" of those on the west coast.  Hey, usually you east coast
guys get to see all the cool TV movies first as they are ran earlier for
you! <grin>  Oh!  And sorry Fazal, I know that is probably pretty early in
the AM for you, but ....

As this should be a relatively rare event, could we all try to make this
happen?  We are not asking to disrupt anyone's schedule too much I believe.
And more important than any scheduling, routing or any kind of planning that
this will provide, I believe the communication and show of force, so to
speak, will help generate a feeling of togetherness and excitement helping
to make the Tour better when it takes place.

Remember as this is the first Tour, yes, some of us do have to step out of
our comfort zone and spend some extra time & effort to set this up.  But
except for a few adjustments, the Tour should be fairly self-running for the
futures as it will have all the ground work laid out now and be documented
on the Site for the next time.  The hardest thing to do next time should be
to pick the start and end dates and get recommitments from the same event
locations or even better ones.  The basic routing, area hotels, mechanics,
events and all will already be documented.

So?  What will it be then?  Shall we vote on this or have the SCs make a
decision?

Oh!  And I'm thinking of sending this out to each of the SC's personal email
addy's as I want to ensure all have an opportunity to see it incase the
JONAT assy is something that is only occasionally checked.  (Hard to believe
anyone would do that though! <grin>)

Jamie

Jamie & Dru - Everett, WA
88 Series III V12 VdP - Roxanne