[JONAT] Re: San Diego Addition for 2004

F. Ronald Rader jonat@autox.team.net
Thu Oct 16 23:51:01 2003

--=====================_1698261==.ALT

Hey folks. we have dinner at the Petersen Automotive museum booked for may 5th.
Ron

At 10:24 PM 10/16/2003, Mark Stephenson wrote:
>That's right! Cinco de Mayo. Perfect!
>
>I was semi joking about the Salton Sea Party. My only point was that we can
>hit the low hundreds (40C) in Phoenix at 1100 ft. elevation. We can also be
>in the 80s (30C). Assuming a similar weather pattern, I'd conclude that it
>would be at least 5F hotter at the Salton Sea (-225 ft. elev.). Hence, my
>concern for scheduling the drive into the mid afternoon. You could leave the
>actual departure time open. If it's cool we can leave later; if it's hot, on
>the road at 6:00 a.m. or you're on your own. A quick glance made it look to
>me like it's at least 8 hours on the back roads from Lake Havasu to San
>Diego. That's why I was suggesting an overnight  someplace about six hours
>out, which would be somewhere around the Salton Sea. For those of you from
>humid areas, temps rise fast in the desert, and it could be as much as 10F
>hotter at 3:30 p.m. as it is a noon.
>
>Anyway, those are my meteorological observations based on the weather in
>Arizona.
>
>Hazel, you might want to go on the Western Regional Climactic Center,
>Climate Summaries <http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/climsum.html>. This will give you
>all the daily data including record high, lowest high, record low, highest
>low, average high and low, and precip max, min and avg. This covers the
>entire western US, for any of the rest of you who want to check it out. For
>example, daily summary stats for Mecca, CA, at the north end of the Salton
>Sea, <http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?camecc+sca> indicate that
>the record high is around 105F and the average is around 92F. The minimum
>high was in the mid-seventies.
>
>Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona
>Jaguar Owners North American Tour (www.jonat.org)
>April 15 - July 4, 2004
>Visit the Pub for route discussions

--=====================_1698261==.ALT

booked for may 5th.<br>
Ron<br><br>
At 10:24 PM 10/16/2003, Mark Stephenson wrote:<br>
Perfect! <br><br>
I was semi joking about the Salton Sea Party. My only point was that we
can<br>
hit the low hundreds (40C) in Phoenix at 1100 ft. elevation. We can also
be<br>
in the 80s (30C). Assuming a similar weather pattern, I'd conclude that
it<br>
would be at least 5F hotter at the Salton Sea (-225 ft. elev.). Hence,
my<br>
concern for scheduling the drive into the mid afternoon. You could leave
the<br>
actual departure time open. If it's cool we can leave later; if it's hot,
on<br>
the road at 6:00 a.m. or you're on your own. A quick glance made it look
to<br>
me like it's at least 8 hours on the back roads from Lake Havasu to
San<br>
Diego. That's why I was suggesting an overnight&nbsp; someplace about six
hours<br>
out, which would be somewhere around the Salton Sea. For those of you
from<br>
humid areas, temps rise fast in the desert, and it could be as much as
10F<br>
hotter at 3:30 p.m. as it is a noon.<br><br>
Anyway, those are my meteorological observations based on the weather
in<br>
Arizona.<br><br>
Hazel, you might want to go on the Western Regional Climactic
Center,<br>
Climate Summaries
&lt;<a href="http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/climsum.html" eudora="autourl">http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/climsum.html</a>&gt;.
This will give you<br>
all the daily data including record high, lowest high, record low,
highest<br>
low, average high and low, and precip max, min and avg. This covers
the<br>
entire western US, for any of the rest of you who want to check it out.
For<br>
example, daily summary stats for Mecca, CA, at the north end of the
Salton<br>
Sea,
&lt;<a href="http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?camecc+sca" eudora="autourl">http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?camecc+sca</a>&gt;
indicate that<br>
the record high is around 105F and the average is around 92F. The
minimum<br>
high was in the mid-seventies.<br><br>
Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona<br>
Jaguar Owners North American Tour
April 15 - July 4, 2004<br>
Visit the Pub for route discussions <br><br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net <br>
&gt;
[<a href="mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net" eudora="autourl">mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net</a>]
On Behalf Of Hazel A. Beck<br>
&gt; Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 10:47 AM<br>
&gt; To: Jerry Mouton; Bob England; jonat@autox.team.net<br>
&gt; Cc: Jamie Duffey - JONAT; Michael Jensen - JONAT; Kerry <br>
&gt; Williamson - JONAT; Gregory Andrachuk - JON<br>
&gt; Subject: [JONAT] Re: San Diego Addition for 2004<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hi, everyone...thanks for all the e-mails...<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Our club held its monthly Board Meeting last evening and I <br>
&gt; shared some of<br>
&gt; your e-mails with them...they are very excited to have our <br>
&gt; city added to the<br>
&gt; tour...we consider San Diego a far better choice than Las
Vegas!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; They suggested they we time our Winery Tour with your arrival in
early<br>
&gt; May...we have our own mini-Napa Valley here in a city called <br>
&gt; Temecula...it's<br>
&gt; just off I-15, less than an hour north of downtown San <br>
&gt; Diego...we map out a<br>
&gt; drive through the winery country and then have a catered <br>
&gt; lunch at one of the<br>
&gt; wineries...we also thought that we could get a contingent of <br>
&gt; cars to meet<br>
&gt; you as you enter San Diego County and join the tour...I could <br>
&gt; also see about<br>
&gt; a tour and dinner at Headquarters in Irvine on the way up to
LA.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; As for Cinco de Mayo, it's definitely celebrated in San <br>
&gt; Diego...in style.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Re: the Salton Sea Party...there are accomodations in El <br>
&gt; Centro...the Sea is<br>
&gt; pretty isolated...not much around it...a bird sanctuary and
geothermal<br>
&gt; plants...cool idea, though...but I'd have to make some
inquiries.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Either I-10 or I-8 would work...back roads into San Diego <br>
&gt; either way...and<br>
&gt; the route is across a desert...it shouldn't be too hot yet in <br>
&gt; the first week<br>
&gt; of May.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; So...how can we help to make this happen?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Looking forward to talking with you soon,<br>
&gt; Hazel<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt; From: &quot;Jerry Mouton&quot; &lt;jerry@moutons.org&gt;<br>
&gt; To: &quot;Bob England&quot; &lt;engl@jonat.org&gt;;
&lt;jonat@autox.team.net&gt;<br>
&gt; Cc: &quot;Jamie Duffey - JONAT&quot; &lt;jamie@jonat.org&gt;;
&quot;Michael Jensen - JONAT&quot;<br>
&gt; &lt;jenfam@sbcglobal.net&gt;; &quot;Kerry Williamson -
JONAT&quot;<br>
&gt; &lt;kwilliamson@broadbandnorthwest.com&gt;; &quot;Gregory Andrachuk
- JON&quot;<br>
&gt; &lt;v12-vdp@shaw.ca&gt;; &lt;hazelbeck@worldnet.att.net&gt;<br>
&gt; Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:27 AM<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [JONAT] RE: San Diego Addition for 2004; Re: JONAT
Route<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; No problem here -- I like San Diego better anyway.<br>
&gt; &gt; Extra day is not an issue yet -- it's early days.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Jerry Mouton&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; '64 E Type FHC&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&quot;Laissez les bons temps rouler!&quot;<br>
&gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jaguar Owner's North
American Tour -
&gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; April 15, 2004 - July 4,
2004<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; ----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt; &gt; From: &quot;Bob England&quot; &lt;engl@jonat.org&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; To: &lt;jonat@autox.team.net&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Cc: &quot;Jamie Duffey - JONAT&quot; &lt;jamie@jonat.org&gt;;
&quot;Jerry <br>
&gt; Moutons - JONAT&quot;<br>
&gt; &gt; &lt;jerry@moutons.org&gt;; &quot;Michael Jensen - JONAT&quot;
&gt; &lt;jenfam@sbcglobal.net&gt;;<br>
&gt; &quot;Kerry<br>
&gt; &gt; Williamson - JONAT&quot;
&lt;kwilliamson@broadbandnorthwest.com&gt;; &quot;Gregory<br>
&gt; &gt; Andrachuk - JON&quot; &lt;v12-vdp@shaw.ca&gt;;
&lt;hazelbeck@worldnet.att.net&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 7:58 AM<br>
&gt; &gt; Subject: RE: [JONAT] RE: San Diego Addition for 2004; Re:
&gt; JONAT Route<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; This seems to be approaching unanimous to skip LV.&nbsp;
Any <br>
&gt; other comments,<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; questions or concerns?<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; How about some comments from San Francisco (Jerry <br>
&gt; Mouton), Lake Tahoe<br>
&gt; link<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; (Michael Jensen), Oregon (Kerry Williamson), Washington
&gt; (Jamie Duffey),<br>
&gt; &gt; and<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; British Columbia (Gregory Andrachuk) - this may push back
&gt; the schedule a<br>
&gt; &gt; day<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; or so (won't effect the Vancouver ABFM attendance).<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Bob England<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; '69 E-Type &amp; '72 XJ6<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Route Coordinator<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net <br>
&gt;
[<a href="mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net" eudora="autourl">mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net</a>]On<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Behalf Of Mark Stephenson<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: October 16, 2003 12:21 AM<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; To: jonat@autox.team.net<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: RE: [JONAT] RE: San Diego Addition for 2004; Re:
&gt; JONAT Route<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Another option (which I keep pushing) is to skip LV <br>
&gt; altogether. If we<br>
&gt; &gt; don't<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; have a LV coordinator and we have an enthusiastic person
&gt; in SD, we can<br>
&gt; &gt; save<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; LV for 2006. For me, I personally would really like to
&gt; continue on Rt.<br>
&gt; 66<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; toward LA, but if we go to SD it might be better to go
&gt; from Lake Havasu<br>
&gt; &gt; City<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; to Parker, AZ, cross the Colorado River go east on CA-62
&gt; and down CA-177<br>
&gt; &gt; to<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; I-10 and take the back roads to San Diego. Keep in mind,
&gt; this takes us<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; across some pretty desolate and hot country, so we'd have
&gt; to leave very<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; early to beat the heat of early May and we might have to
&gt; plan on an<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; overnight stop around midday. (Perhaps a Salton Sea <br>
&gt; Party?) It would<br>
&gt; &gt; depend<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; on the average daytime high temps. I was going to say
&gt; that's Ron's call,<br>
&gt; &gt; but<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; it might be Hazel's.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Mark Stephenson, Sector Coordinator - Arizona<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Jaguar Owners North American Tour
&gt; &gt; &gt; April 15 - July 4, 2004<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Visit the Pub for route discussions<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;&nbsp; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; From: jonat-admin@autox.team.net <br>
&gt;
[<a href="mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net" eudora="autourl">mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net</a>]
On<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Behalf Of F. Ronald Rader<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:12 PM<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; To: jonat@autox.team.net<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Cc: Hazel A. Beck; Engl-JONAT; Jamie Duffey - JONAT; Fazal
Cader -<br>
&gt; JONAT;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; jonat@autox.team.net<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [JONAT] RE: San Diego Addition for 2004; Re:
&gt; JONAT Route<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Folks:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; I think that the route from Las Vegas to San Diego then
&gt; to Los Angeles<br>
&gt; &gt; might<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; be more interesting than the route from LV to LA.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Please keep in mind that when entering Los Angeles there
&gt; is 5 o'clock<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; traffic from every direction. A drive from SD to LA which
&gt; could leave SD<br>
&gt; &gt; at<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 8.00 AM would want to be at the west side hotel <br>
&gt; destination by 2.00 PM<br>
&gt; if<br>
&gt; &gt; we<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; are then going to drive to the Petersen Automotive Museum
&gt; for a car<br>
&gt; &gt; corral,<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; cocktails and dinner.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; OTOH if we lay over one night in LA, the tour of the
&gt; Petersen Automotive<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Museum could be on the layover day with the car show and
&gt; dinner around<br>
&gt; &gt; 6.00<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; PM.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; I also think it would be a good way of picking up the
&gt; large group of Jag<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; owners in the greater SD area.&nbsp; IMO I would not spend
the <br>
&gt; extra day in<br>
&gt; Las<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Vegas. But that is me. As it is now I have arrange for a
&gt; dinner at the<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Petersen Automotive Museum on Cinco de Mayo (may 5th)
&gt; 2004. I am sure<br>
&gt; that<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; we could move that out one night if needed.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; BTW, I spoke with Jason Len of XK's Unlimited (SLO) and
&gt; he would be<br>
&gt; &gt; pleased<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; to provide economic support in a small way. Perhaps a
&gt; Cocktail party the<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; night that we are in SLO?&nbsp; Also he would keep his
shop <br>
&gt; open that night<br>
&gt; if<br>
&gt; &gt; we<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; asked in advance. This could be for buying parts, spares,
or minor<br>
&gt; repair.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; It would be great if we had a Las Vegas coordinator.
&gt; Mark, what do you<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; think?<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Ron Rader<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Los Angeles Coordinator.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; At 03:49 PM 10/15/2003, Bob England wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Hazel<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; It's great to hear from San Diego and I'd sure like to be
&gt; able to tap<br>
&gt; into<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; your enthusiasm.&nbsp; We have a few options at this
point:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 1. (the easiest) is to have a link tour from San Diego up
&gt; to LA.&nbsp; That<br>
&gt; is,<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; SD would not be on the main route, but there would be a
&gt; group of San<br>
&gt; &gt; Diegans<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; travelling from SD (and back of course) to join up with
&gt; the tour in LA,<br>
&gt; &gt; and<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; hopefully carry on with the Tour a bit from there.&nbsp;
We have a few<br>
&gt; similar<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; situations (Reno, Phoenix, and Saskatoon) so far.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 2. we could re-route the tour.&nbsp; We do not have a
&gt; Co-ordinator for Las<br>
&gt; &gt; Vegas<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; as of yet, so an option would be to bypass LV, and go
&gt; from the Phoenix<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sector into SD.&nbsp; This would need the cooperation of
Los <br>
&gt; Angeles (Ron<br>
&gt; &gt; Rader)<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; and Phoenix (Mark Stevenson) as it would mean a change to
&gt; their route.<br>
&gt; We<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; have a few flex days in Vancouver that would allow the
&gt; timing to work<br>
&gt; out<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; (it would effect dates through northern California, <br>
&gt; Oregon, Washington,<br>
&gt; &gt; and<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; the first bit of British Columbia.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 3.&nbsp; leave SD to be included in &quot;Jaguar Owner's
North <br>
&gt; American Tour - The<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sequel&quot;, perhaps in 2006.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; My preference would be either 1 or 2.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; I think I'll also open up this discussion to all SC's via
&gt; the mailing<br>
&gt; &gt; list.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; There may be some other valuable comments out there, and
&gt; those whose<br>
&gt; &gt; sectors<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; are effected might want to add in a few comments.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; I'm very much looking forward to seeing San Diego <br>
&gt; participate in some<br>
&gt; form<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; next year.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Bob England<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; '69 E-Type &amp; '72 XJ6<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Route Coordinator<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; From: Jamie - JONAT
[<a href="mailto:jamie@jonat.org" eudora="autourl">mailto:jamie@jonat.org</a>]<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: October 15, 2003 12:36 PM<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; To: Hazel A. Beck<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Cc: Engl-JONAT<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: San Diego Additon for 2004; Re: JONAT Route<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Hello Hazel, this is actually quite a surprise at this
&gt; point in our<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; planning.&nbsp; We started over a year ago enlisting
&gt; interested parties in<br>
&gt; the<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Tour formation steps which included the routing, length
&gt; of stay in an<br>
&gt; &gt; area,<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; events or sites included along the way and volunteers to
&gt; help with their<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; specific areas along the route.&nbsp; Please do not get me
&gt; wrong, we are<br>
&gt; &gt; pleased<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; that your club is interested in participating in the Tour
&gt; as one of our<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; goals is to provide another opportunity for fellow Jaguar
&gt; owners to<br>
&gt; enjoy<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; their choice in vehicle ownership and we feel it is an
&gt; added benefit to<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; enjoy the comradery of other owners we can meet on a Tour
&gt; such as this<br>
&gt; as<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; some tourers will be traveling perhaps a couple of <br>
&gt; Sectors while others<br>
&gt; &gt; may<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; be traveling the entire route.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; We may have a problem adjusting the routing at this late
&gt; date though.<br>
&gt; We<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; have been organizing the Tour for over the past year, as
&gt; I mentioned,<br>
&gt; and<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; have already set some dates for certain areas so we can
&gt; specifically<br>
&gt; &gt; attend<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; certain events in those areas.&nbsp; Therefore I am
uncertain <br>
&gt; whether it will<br>
&gt; &gt; be<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; possible to adjust the routing for this first Tour <br>
&gt; without negatively<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; affecting other Sector schedules.&nbsp; We can absolutely
&gt; include the San<br>
&gt; Diego<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; area in the next Tour, I just cannot answer for this
&gt; coming year at this<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; time.&nbsp; I am forwarding my response to my fellow
Executive <br>
&gt; Committee<br>
&gt; &gt; members<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; and we shall take a look into this routing change.&nbsp;
We <br>
&gt; will have to<br>
&gt; &gt; discuss<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; this with each of the Sector Coordinators
&quot;downstream&quot; of <br>
&gt; your location<br>
&gt; &gt; and<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; see what affect it will have on their plans.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Do you have a feel for or better yet a solid number of
&gt; people from your<br>
&gt; &gt; Club<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; which are interested in participating at this time?&nbsp;
Do <br>
&gt; you have some<br>
&gt; &gt; events<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; or sites which you could mention to help us with the
&gt; decision?&nbsp; If we<br>
&gt; &gt; could<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; revise the Tour at this point, it looks as though it
&gt; would be in your<br>
&gt; area<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; around the first week of May 2004.&nbsp; Perhaps a Tour of
or <br>
&gt; dinner hosted<br>
&gt; by<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; the Jaguar Headquarters?&nbsp; Or something along those
lines?<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Jamie Duffey - Everett, WA<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 88 Series III V12 VdP - Roxanne<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 89 XJS V12 Convertible 2 Seater - ????<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Jaguar Owner's North American Tour -
&gt; &gt; &gt; April 15, 2004 - July 4, 2004<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; ----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; From: Hazel A. Beck<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; To: admin@jonat.org<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:12 AM<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: JONAT Route<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Hi...my name is Hazel Beck, 1st VP of the San Diego <br>
&gt; Jaguar Club...just<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; wanted to throw our hat into the ring to be added to the
&gt; Tour Route...we<br>
&gt; &gt; are<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; a very active club with 180 members...there is also a
&gt; large Jaguar Club<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; (JOC) in&nbsp; southern Orange County, just north of
us...and <br>
&gt; Jaguar North<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; American headquarters (part of the Premier Auto Group) is
&gt; located in<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Irvine...Orange County again.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;From Las Vegas, we are an easy 4-5 hour drive
south...it <br>
&gt; would be easy<br>
&gt; to<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; do<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Highway 101 (the Coastal Highway) up from San Diego
through Orange<br>
&gt; County<br>
&gt; &gt; an<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; up to Los Angeles...it takes less than an hour to get to
&gt; Orange County<br>
&gt; and<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; additional hour from there to LA...it would add a <br>
&gt; fabulous dimension of<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; automotive history (cruising the 101) and stunning vistas
&gt; to the tour.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; So...this is a formal appeal to add San Diego, America's
&gt; Finest City, to<br>
&gt; &gt; the<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; JONAT.&nbsp; Please feel free to call me if we can
help.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Regards.<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Hazel A. Beck<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; 858.638.0011<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; JAGUAR OWNER'S NORTH AMERICAN TOUR mailing list<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; REPLY TO : JONAT@autox.team.net<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; JAGUAR OWNER'S NORTH AMERICAN TOUR mailing list <br>
&gt; REPLY TO : JONAT@autox.team.net<br>
&gt;
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br><br>