[JONAT] JONAT

Bob England jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Sep 22 18:59:03 2003

Larry

I'm back from holidays and finally getting caught up.  I'm also sending this
note to all SC's as you bring up some very good questions.

I've loaded the info you provided me in your note, and the maps can be seen
at
http://jonat.org/bob/PDFMaps/Sector%20-%20Alabama.pdf
It is a big file right now (2meg) so please be patient - hopefully you are
not on dial-up.  Please check to make sure I have it right.  Some of the
days are a bit long, so have been split in two by the computer.  Take a look
at the times and let me know if you want a few long days.  I will update the
itinerary once you have had a chance to check this over and I make the
corrections you want.

Adding one day should not be a problem, but double check with Hudson in
Orlando.

Regarding funding, that, sponsorships, and charities is one of the things we
have to sort out in short order.  We should also support the SC's with a
press release of some kind fairly soon I think.

Regarding accommodations, no hard and fast rule.  The local group has
selected 3* and 4* accommodations for their sector (keep in mind that a 4*
hotel in our area is likely less cost than a 2* hotel in resort areas).

Regarding towing services, I think just line up a local guy who knows how to
tow classic and otherwise precious cars without bending them.  Towing costs
will be up to the towee.  Regarding mechanics, the nearest Jaguar dealer to
us here locally is 160mi away.  We have one fellow in town that does Jaguar
moderns (I think he represents the nearest Jaguar dealer in fact - just
opened his shop).  For classics, our own group members are the best around
... I think we are arranging with a local garage for hoist space and
mechanics to assist but that is currently being worked out.  There is also
talk locally of a chase vehicle with a few tools and spares.

List of registrants in your area I think is available to you on the website
as an SC.  Jamie can you conform?

Have I missed anything?

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
http://www.jonat.org