[JONAT] MORE JONAT

Bob England jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Sep 22 19:12:02 2003

To finish my note of the 17th (Where have I been you ask?  Please don't ask
as I really do not have a good answer)!

Would like some comments from the group on the following.

I'd like to suggest we put more emphasis on publicity.  Hudson has
volunteered to help Fried with some of this.  Fried ... you still out there?
... hopefully you did not get blow away by the Hurricane ...  maybe you can
update us on the discussions to date.

Firstly a few press released would be in order that could be distributed to
the various media.

How about having all registrants sign up for the Jaglovers general site.
They have given us permission to use this forum for discussions of the tour,
and it seems a good way to get the juices flowing with all registrants.  The
other option would be for this list to be not just for the SC's but for all
participants.  I kind of like to former, as that will keep some of the
general SC type discussions off line if need be.

Fluffing up the webpages I think is something worth doing.  Greg, maybe
contact me off list and we can discuss how to enhance the site.

Sponsorships - out local Sector here has decided on MS as the charity of
choice.  This is because two of our local groups wives are afflicted.
Something we had always discussed is a Tour charity, but I think each SC
choosing their own charity goes to the basic theme of the Tour actually
being 30 or so contiguous tours.  Thoughts?

Petrol supplier - this was a good idea Hudson had.  He had indicated Jaguar
had recently sponsored an event with BP.  Thoughts - comments ?

JCNA - Daniel ... you've had some good insights in the past ... how do you
think if might work out if we approached JCNA to acknowledge the Tour?

Torch - thoughts on what we might use here include a mascot, a trophy that
each sponsoring group might affix a plaque to, a book of signatures and cars
to be added to along the route ... other ideas?

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
http://www.jonat.org