[JONAT] Press Releases

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Sun Apr 11 15:35:01 2004

Christina

Some good thoughts.  And yes , I can certainly post each press release from
individual Sectors on the webpage.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of SidPacks@aol.com
Sent: April 11, 2004 1:06 PM
To: jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Subject: [JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #82 - 1 msg

The "national/international" release should precede more regional releases
from the SC's....such as Southeast USA, Southcentral USA, Southwest USA,
Pacific
Coast USA, Pacific Northwest USA, Western Canada, Central Canada, Eastern
Canada, Northeast USA, East Coast USA.  It could be even fewer regions as
long as
there is coverage.  That means people need to talk with each other and
coordinate together on a regional basis to formulate the story that is
important to
that region.

To try and include everyone's need in one total release is not reasonable.
It needs to address the audience for that region and target the regional
news
media such as major newspapers and radio stations.  That means the Press
Releases need to be faxed and emailed liberally to the Media.  As the Tour
approaches, then TV Stations need to be alerted so when it comes through the
area, you
get live coverage.  Also, there is a time element that is critical...news
must
be timely.  The SE, Southcentral and SW would benefit most by getting right
on that....as they probably already are....

Then there are the real targeted audiences such as Jag-Lovers and other
specific organizations and groups -- the folks who know most about those
organizations need to step forward and take the lead on making those
connections.  There
is little that can go wrong...we just need to try and get the facts out.
Any
media exposure can help...jag lovers live everywhere and they don't limit
themselves to only one source of information.  Don't depend on only the
JONAT
website to get the word out...because not everyone knows of its existence.

However, all of those releases could be posted on the JONAT website...with a
heading as to region....That's my take.......

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ASC
1978 XJV12L
Participants Chat List