[JONAT] Registration Test Page

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Thu Feb 5 07:09:01 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C3EBBE.FDE235C0

Mark

My thoughts on your feedback (and thanks very much for testing it out ! :

"One question, do the SCs and ASCs get a free pass?" - I think this is a
good idea provided it works budget wise.  For all the effort you are all
putting in, seems link a very cheap reimbursement.

"Very minor: Only 1 "l" in traveling (at least in the US)." - as I've said
before, guid speln an litrarie talint aint a priem reckwizit !

"Way more important: IMO, skip the sector fee part. It seems that at
least half of us won't be collecting them. That is going to make it
really confusing for people to try to calculate what they owe. If some
SCs are going to collect fees in exchange for some local goodies, then
the money should exchange hands when the goodies are passed out, at the
beginning of the sector. Each of us should have that information
prominently available on the website along with the "almost-must-do"
items on our sectors."
I think we are coming around to "No Sector Fee" as I have not heard any
objections to this yet, so all and any costs at the Sector level would have
to be covered by donation, except for user pay events.

And you have some great thoughts on making the user pay sector items as
visible as possible.   I'll start working on this shortly.

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
http://www.jonat.org <http://www.jonat.org/>

One question, do the SCs and ASCs get a free pass?

Very minor: Only 1 "l" in traveling (at least in the US).

Way more important: IMO, skip the sector fee part. It seems that at
least half of us won't be collecting them. That is going to make it
really confusing for people to try to calculate what they owe. If some
SCs are going to collect fees in exchange for some local goodies, then
the money should exchange hands when the goodies are passed out, at the
beginning of the sector. Each of us should have that information
prominently available on the website along with the "almost-must-do"
items on our sectors.

I'm not sure how we want to do that, but I think we should have
something displayed on the itinerary page so that JONATers can plan for
it. For example, our sector will not have a sector fee, but it will cost
roughly $55 which will include entry into the Grand Canyon National Park
and the Rt. 66 Fun Run fee.

I think we need to make this really obvious to people. We don't have to
spell out the details on the itinerary page, but we should have a dollar
figure for each sector and that should link to a page with a breakdown
of the numbers. We should be very clear that the figure doesn't include
meals, fuel, or lodging.

As an example, we'd have $56 in the cost column, and that would link to
a section in our sector page which would have...

Rt. 66 Fun Run ........................ $44
Grand Canyon Park Entrance ............  12

Or what ever it turns out to be.

I think we should also include the route instructions on our sector
pages, our preferred hotels, rendezvous points, and our special nightly
rate.

I just have this feeling that if we bury the sector costs a page or two
deep and a certain number of people aren't going to see it. Then they
will be angry when the SCs inform them that they have to pay for things
along the route.

Mark