[JONAT] Registration Test Page

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Thu Feb 5 16:48:01 2004

--Boundary_(ID_pEu8eGvnta+3OQUJ8noEnw)

Reaction: 1) in Canada there are two "l"s in "travelling", so it was correct.
               2) What exactly are the registrants paying for???? this may seem late in the game to be asking, but It has just occurred to me that if we eliminated the fee and just registered electronically, things would be SO much simpler. We could then get on to the real business: there would be a list of registrants generated; the SC's will have the dates and routes finalized; any "handouts"m would be prepared for each sector; we simply wait for people to arrive in our sectors so that we can DRIVE.
    Isn't that what the tour is about? In the last few weeks there seems to have been an inertia developing (despite the very valiant efforts of Bob and Fazal and a few others); I am afraid that if we do not MOVE on this, the whole thing will get mired in mud.
                                    Gregory
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob
  To: jonat@autox.team.net
  Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:06 AM
  Subject: RE: [JONAT] Registration Test Page

  Mark

  My thoughts on your feedback (and thanks very much for testing it out ! :

  "One question, do the SCs and ASCs get a free pass?" - I think this is a good idea provided it works budget wise.  For all the effort you are all putting in, seems link a very cheap reimbursement.

  "Very minor: Only 1 "l" in traveling (at least in the US)." - as I've said before, guid speln an litrarie talint aint a priem reckwizit !

  "Way more important: IMO, skip the sector fee part. It seems that at
  least half of us won't be collecting them. That is going to make it
  really confusing for people to try to calculate what they owe. If some
  SCs are going to collect fees in exchange for some local goodies, then
  the money should exchange hands when the goodies are passed out, at the
  beginning of the sector. Each of us should have that information
  prominently available on the website along with the "almost-must-do"
  items on our sectors."
  I think we are coming around to "No Sector Fee" as I have not heard any objections to this yet, so all and any costs at the Sector level would have to be covered by donation, except for user pay events.

  And you have some great thoughts on making the user pay sector items as visible as possible.   I'll start working on this shortly.

  Bob England
  '69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
  Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
  Route Coordinator
  http://www.jonat.org <http://www.jonat.org/>

--Boundary_(ID_pEu8eGvnta+3OQUJ8noEnw)

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Reaction: 1) in Canada there are two "l"s in
"travelling", so it was correct. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2) What exactly are the registrants paying
for???? this may seem late in the game to be asking, but It has just occurred to
me that if we eliminated the fee and just registered electronically, things
would be SO much simpler. We could then get on to the real business: there would
be a list of registrants generated; the SC's will have the dates and routes
finalized; any "handouts"m would be prepared for each sector; we simply wait for
people to arrive in our sectors so that we can DRIVE.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Isn't that
what</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT face=Arial size=2>the tour is about? In the last few
weeks there seems to have been an inertia developing (despite the very valiant
efforts of Bob and Fazal and a few others); I am afraid that if we do not MOVE
on this, the whole thing will get mired in mud.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=engl@accesscomm.ca href="mailto:engl@accesscomm.ca">Bob</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=jonat@autox.team.net
  href="mailto:jonat@autox.team.net">jonat@autox.team.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:06
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: [JONAT] Registration Test
  Page</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Mark</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>My thoughts on your feedback (and
  thanks very much for testing it out ! :</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>"One question, do the SCs and ASCs get a free pass?" - I
  think this is a good idea provided it works budget wise.&nbsp; For all the
  effort you are all putting in, seems link a very cheap
  reimbursement.<BR><BR>"Very minor: Only 1 "l" in traveling (at least in the
  US)." - as I've said before, guid speln an litrarie talint aint a priem
  reckwizit !<BR><BR>"Way more important: IMO, skip the sector fee part. It
  seems that at<BR>least half of us won't be collecting them. That is going to
  make it<BR>really confusing for people to try to calculate what they owe. If
  some<BR>SCs are going to collect fees in exchange for some local goodies,
  then<BR>the money should exchange hands when the goodies are passed out, at
  the<BR>beginning of the sector. Each of us should have that
  information<BR>prominently available on the website along with the
  "almost-must-do"<BR>items on our sectors."</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>I think we are coming around to "No Sector Fee" as I have
  not heard any objections to this yet, so all and any costs at the Sector level
  would have to be covered by donation, except for user pay events.<BR><BR>And
  you have some great thoughts on making the user pay sector items as visible as
  possible.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll start working on this shortly.</FONT><BR><BR></DIV>
  <P><FONT size=2>Bob England<BR>'69 E-Type &amp; '72 XJ6<BR>Jaguar Owner's
  North American Tour (JONAT)<BR>Route Coordinator<BR><A
  href="http://www.jonat.org" target=_blank>http://www.jonat.org</A> &lt;<A
  href="http://www.jonat.org/"
  target=_blank>http://www.jonat.org/</A>&gt;<BR><BR><BR></FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_pEu8eGvnta+3OQUJ8noEnw)--