[JONAT] Re: $45 tour fee...

Fazal Cader jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Feb 9 04:48:01 2004

OK, I've restricted my discussion on this matter to the EC so that a decided
position can be put to the participants and SCs but as the matter is now in
open discussion and the EC is just Bob and myself, Jamie being listed MIA
somewhere.

There are two options.

1) Just organise JONAT as we are doing now, everyone carry their own costs
and just publish the route and times and invite participants to come along.
No charge, pay your own expenses and just do as you like, individually.
Maybe it will work but I feel it will be a bloody shambles and have no
coherence or structure that can be built on to become a great road journey,
in the future. If there is no organisation there will be no interest from
any major sponsors and it will be a footnote in the Lower Shocknawe Gazette.

2) Charge an entry fee of $45 for which one gets a bag of stuff (eg, map of
the tour, 2 suitably monogrammed caps or a car-badge, letter of welcome,
basic ground rules, ID sticker for the car, etc.) delivered to your address.
No sector fees. Pay all other expenses as you go along. This balance of this
fee, after the 'glad bag' costs will pay for the web-site and the courier
fee to get the bags to every paid-up participant.

>From personal experience in over 20 years the largest Jag club in Australia
(700+ members), I know that (a) some people will bitch about paying $1 for
something and most will not and (b) if something is free, there's no
commitment or value attached to it.
Anyway, this whole question may be academic as I believe the lead-times to
design &  put together a decent car badge or cap and actually organise
anything remotely professional has passed. So, we might as well keep sending
each other emails and then just go for a free drive down the road when the
time comes.

Fazal Cader
Executive Committee, ISC - Australia
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour - www.jonat.org