[JONAT] Sector Coordinators Attendance Roster

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Fri Feb 27 20:59:01 2004

Greg,

I'd add one more column. It would require an additional question on the
entry form, though. It would be nice if the sector who registered the
person received credit for it. For example, Gary Singer, Dick Hile and I
are all starting in Colorado (at least that's the plan right now --
don't worry I'll have lots more), but the Arizona sector is responsible
for signing them up. Without something like this we have no way of
knowing who brought the people into the tour.

My problem is that I don't know what to call it.

"How did you hear about us?" is too broad.

"What Sector Coordinator enticed you to join us?" might work. If they
answer none, we'd give credit to the SC of their starting sector,
because if the SC didn't sell it, the route must have been good enough
to pique their interest.

Re: the report layout. A couple weeks ago, I sent an example that was a
big chart with "X"es for each sector the entrant was taking. If our
entry form had a list of the sectors and allowed the entrant to check
the ones he was taking, it would make registration easy and handle
situations where people take non-contiguous sections of the tour --
Florida, for example, and perhaps in the NE where they could take part
in western NY and eastern NY. This creates an easy way to generate a
list by sector, and will result in a great chart to display
participation all along the route. If it's in an Excel spreadsheet, it
could be manipulated all kinds of ways. What would really look cool
would be arranging it by sector and then sorting the participants by
their starting sector. It would create a downward stepping graph that
would give anyone looking at the site the ability to see who was taking
the tour and if there was anyone they know in their area.

Mark - AZ