[JONAT] FW: Summary Request -

Dr Gregory Andrachuk jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Jan 26 08:42:15 2004

Mark:
    again, I agree with you. Sector fees should be absolutely minimal to
encourage participation over several of them. Hotel, fuel, food costs mount
up alarmingly rapidly without having an additional burden of sector fees.
                            Gregory
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Stephenson" <marks@jaguarot.com>
To: <jonat@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 1:03 AM
Subject: RE: [JONAT] FW: Summary Request -

: I think we should set a freeze date in the very near future. That would
: be a date after which we make no changes to the route dates. Another
: freeze date could be a few weeks later where we make no more changes to
: the route itself.
:
: A couple weeks after that, the recommended hotels and events for each
: sector should be finalized with rates posted.
:
: I say Feb 1 for the dates; Feb 15 for the routes; and Feb 29 for hotels
: and events. I think we also need a sector cost figure for each leg which
: includes the must-do events. For example, we are going to join the Rt.
: 66 Fun Run, which I think is $40 or $45 dollars. There is also park
: admission to the Grand Canyon at $10 or $12. If we are going to have
: Sector fees, that's another $10, although I disagree with that. I think
: if we have the information on-line and people choose to download it and
: print it out from there, we don't have any expense involved with their
: participation. Who collects the money? Where does it go? Who's going to
: haul the stock around from place to place.
:
: Another question is what do we do with people like my friend from
: Albuquerque who plans to pick up the route in Colorado and drive to the
: end or until his XK120 breaks down at which point he'll have it and
: himself transported home. Does he pay every time he starts a segment?
: Remember, this trip is 10,000 miles total. There aren't going to be that
: many people doing the whole thing, but of the ones who do, there is
: going to be a lot a lot of attrition. Do we give refunds? What about the
: people who show up at the last minute? Do we have to handle the money?
:
: I'm in the k.i.s.s crowd. Perhaps charge the flat fee for entire route
: if we have overhead to cover, but forget the sector fees. We should have
: the plates and signs available on the Internet and those who want to
: join should buy them in advance. We should note that there will be a few
: at the start of each segment, but that the only way to guarantee you
: have one is to buy it ahead of time.
:
: Mark - AZ
:
:
:
:
: JAGUAR OWNER'S NORTH AMERICAN TOUR mailing list
: REPLY TO : JONAT@autox.team.net
: www.jonat.org