[JONAT] It is decision Time!

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Jan 27 23:27:01 2004

Might I respectfully resubmit the dates I suggested a few days ago...

"I say Feb 1 for the dates; Feb 15 for the routes; and Feb 29 for hotels
and events. I think we also need a sector cost figure [by Feb. 29] for
each leg which includes the must-do events. [We probably ought to
include the cost of our recommended hotels each night, too.] For
example, we are going to join the Rt. 66 Fun Run, which I think is $40
or $45 dollars. There is also park admission to the Grand Canyon at $10
or $12 [per car]."

I say that if you haven't figured out where and when the hand-off points
are by now, you'd better get with the SCs on either side of you and
figure it out quick. Some events, like the Route 66 Fun Run are huge and
it's tough to find a room if you don't make reservations early.

Bob S., club members don't have to drive the whole sector. You can set
up intermediate rendezvous points. We have them on the Arizona Sector.
The hand off is at Mesa Verde in southern Colorado, but to get there on
the appointed day, our members would have to leave Wednesday and drive
about 350 miles. There might be a handful who do that, but people can
leave early Friday morning and meet us at the Grand Canyon where we'll
be in the afternoon and for dinner, or leave late Friday and meet us
Williams, AZ, where we'll be bedding down for the night. I'm hoping
we'll have caravans for each option.

Mark - AZ