[JONAT] decision time --- REALLY IMPORTANT READ !

Robert and Darlene Stevenson jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Jan 31 17:50:03 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3158423309_5511174_MIME_Part

Bob1/31/04 7:26 PMengl@accesscomm.ca
Bob, Too many Bob's, I'm confused! I'll met the incoming group wherever is
necessary and still hope to bring a group of our folks to meet them. If we
reach Detroit early enough I thought that I'd take them over to Greenfield
Village or The Henry Ford Museum, both of which are world class and well
known. As both facilities are basically side by side it would be their
choice. As I mentioned in an earlier message the plans are to stay at the
same hotel just west of Detroit that was used by the participants in the
Great Race. If you have someone in Ohio that's interested maybe that's the
way to go as it sounds like Toronto is not interested. I'll drop them off
anywhere as long as it's not a 200-300 mile ride.
   I cannot imagine the turmoil you must be going through trying to put
everyone and everything in place.
                       Bob Stevenson
Bob

You do bring up a question that needs to be addressed - if people are
charged $45us, will they be interested if they are just driving their home
state or province.  Based on the feedback from my own local sector, it
sounds like this would not be a problem PROVIDED there is good value - and
that value comes from the intangible (camaraderie, etc.) as well as the
tangible (goodie bag, events, etc.)

Your other point brings back to my overly expressed opinion about getting
ASC's in place.  We had coordinators on BOTH sides of you, but both had
resigned without someone to take their place, and neither stepped up to the
plate to find someone.  This leaves the Tour hanging while we find another
SC for these areas, or re-route - while we should be getting on with more
detailed planning.

But to more specifically address your comments, upstream of you I have been
corresponding with the Wisconsin Jaguar club.  They don't have an individual
in place, but hope to soon.

On the other side of you, I sent out a note earlier this week (or was it a
few weeks ago) about routing from you south of Lake Erie to Toronto rather
than north of Lake Erie as there did seem some interest down there.  Really
did not get much feedback.  I also asked the question was were you
interested in taking on a longer Sector - I thought you had sent a reply but
cannot seem to find it at the moment - could I trouble you to resend?  I did
have some correspondence this week from the Toronto area, but no-one has
committed as of yet (but it did sound very promising).

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
http://www.jonat.org
--MS_Mac_OE_3158423309_5511174_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [JONAT] decision time &nbsp;&nbsp;--- REALLY IMPORTANT READ !</T=
ITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Bob1/31/04 7:26 PMengl@accesscomm.ca<BR>
Bob, Too many Bob's, I'm confused! I'll met the incoming group wherever is =
necessary and still hope to bring a group of our folks to meet them. If we r=
each Detroit early enough I thought that I'd take them over to Greenfield Vi=
llage or The Henry Ford Museum, both of which are world class and well known=
. As both facilities are basically side by side it would be their choice. As=
 I mentioned in an earlier message the plans are to stay at the same hotel j=
ust west of Detroit that was used by the participants in the Great Race. If =
you have someone in Ohio that's interested maybe that's the way to go as it =
sounds like Toronto is not interested. I'll drop them off anywhere as long a=
s it's not a 200-300 mile ride.<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I cannot imagine the turmoil you must be going through t=
rying to put everyone and everything in place. <BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Bob Stevenso=
n <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Bob<BR>
</FONT></FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">You do bring up a q=
uestion that needs to be addressed - if people are charged $45us, will they =
be interested if they are just driving their home state or province. &nbsp;B=
ased on the feedback from my own local sector, it sounds like this would not=
 be a problem PROVIDED there is good value - and that value comes from the i=
ntangible (camaraderie, etc.) as well as the tangible (goodie bag, events, e=
tc.)<BR>
</FONT></FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Your other point br=
ings back to my overly expressed opinion about getting ASC's in place. &nbsp=
;We had coordinators on BOTH sides of you, but both had resigned without som=
eone to take their place, and neither stepped up to the plate to find someon=
e. &nbsp;This leaves the Tour hanging while we find another SC for these are=
as, or re-route - while we should be getting on with more detailed planning.=
<BR>
</FONT></FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">But to more specifi=
cally address your comments, upstream of you I have been corresponding with =
the Wisconsin Jaguar club. &nbsp;They don't have an individual in place, but=
 hope to soon.<BR>
</FONT></FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">On the other side o=
f you, I sent out a note earlier this week (or was it a few weeks ago) about=
 routing from you south of Lake Erie to Toronto rather than north of Lake Er=
ie as there did seem some interest down there. &nbsp;Really did not get much=
 feedback. &nbsp;I also asked the question was were you interested in taking=
 on a longer Sector - I thought you had sent a reply but cannot seem to find=
 it at the moment - could I trouble you to resend? &nbsp;I did have some cor=
respondence this week from the Toronto area, but no-one has committed as of =
yet (but it did sound very promising).<BR>
</FONT></FONT></FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008000"><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>Bob England<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B><FONT SIZE=3D"1">'69 E-Type &amp; '72=
 XJ6<BR>
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)<BR>
Route Coordinator<BR>
http://www.jonat.org<BR>
</FONT></B></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2">-----Original Message-----<BR>
<B>From:</B> jonat-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:jonat-admin@autox.team.net]=
<B>On Behalf Of </B>Robert and Darlene Stevenson<BR>
<B>Sent:</B> January 31, 2004 5:36 PM<BR>
<B>To:</B> jonat@autox.team.net<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> Re: [JONAT] decision time --- REALLY IMPORTANT READ !<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3158423309_5511174_MIME_Part--