[JONAT] RE: [JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #163 - 3 msgs

Victor Krisel jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Jul 6 17:08:00 2004

Uhhh...... if we scan and post these articles on the website, do we not run
into potential problems of copyright?

I've been told that posting articles on websites IS publishing, and
permission should be obtained from the original authors/publishers to do
this. I have a scan of an article from the local paper in Grimsby, Ontario
which covered the Toronto leg of the Tour and can send this to whomever to
post when a spot is available on the website for this (after getting the
proper permission, of course).

By the way, the Toronto leg was short but sweet, with a lot of support and
participation from the local club members. It took place on a Wednesday
(mid-week tour) but we still had a decent turnout and a lot of fun. Would
have been better on a weekend, but consider this a great success all things
considered. Suggest that for posterity we consider having each SC post a
short writeup on their sectors (perhaps as an addendum to their Sector
Information). Also need a place for the photos. Any thoughts?

Victor Krisel
Toronto SC