[JONAT] RE: [JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #163 - 3 msgs

jonat@autox.team.net jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Jul 6 14:52:06 2004

Good point Christina ... I'll forward a copy of this note to Hudson and
perhaps he can fill us in on the "closing cerimony" details.  I also like
your idea about a scan of all the media items - I have also a copy of the
radio interview done locally.

Bob England
'69 E-Type & '72 XJ6
Jaguar Owner's North American Tour (JONAT)
Route Coordinator
http://www.jonat.org

-----Original Message-----
From: jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:jonat-chat-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of SidPacks@aol.com
Sent: July 6, 2004 12:34 PM
To: jonat-chat@autox.team.net
Subject: [JONAT-chat] Re: Jonat-chat digest, Vol 1 #163 - 3 msgs

Folks....I hope someone has contacted the media about the final leg
finishing
tonight in Orlando----that would certainly be worth some good coverage and
be
a very excellent ending to the international circumnavigation.....even if it

is just one car with its cousin, Jay.  The media coverage as a whole has
been
very spotty to non-existent from my estimation...which is a shame given the
amount of time, energy and cost that has been expended.

I think all the articles from the media should be scanned in and posted on
the website from people who have alerted the media along the way and saved
the
articles.  Bruce Mate has sent me a nice article from Newport, Oregon, from
the
local paper, which I would be happy to submit.  I'm sure others might have
some from local newspapers as well.

I want to know what kind of ending this will be....any celebration at all?
have heard not a word.  And some people will be surprised to know it is
ending on July 6th instead of the 10th -- which the media might also be
planning
on.......

Christina Lilienthal
Oregon ASC