[JONAT] Jay returns to the USA!

jonat@autox.team.net jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Jun 7 08:22:01 2004

Bob,

It was a great event.  This was the 14th annual event.  Perhaps after 14
tries, Jonat will be as successful.
It is held every year, but rotates between Winnipeg, Minnesota and Thunder
Bay.

I fail to see how a crashed computer kept you home.  I agree it is a PITA,
but I am surprised it took priority over the tour.

Next time Ian can practice his wonderful skills (he does seem to be a real
hustler) in both Regina and Winnipeg.  I doubt anyone from here will step
forward to play an active role.  Also, in talking to the Mn folks, they
seem to be quite unhappy with the Jonat concept also.  I'm not quite sure
why this is. They are a great bunch of people, and more than willing to
take their Jags on the road.  Perhaps it was too long in the planning -
people didn't get interested in an event that was more than a year away
when they first heard about it.  If you want some feedback from a
non-participant who is a real Jagnut, contact Dave Pritchard.  He owns 5
historic Jags and when I talked to him this weekend he was quite negative
about Jonat.  He had contacted you directly some time ago about the tour,
so you should have his email address. Unless it is all gone on the old
computer.
He is very well known here, and president of the local club.  If you can
swing him around, perhaps he is capable of getting the next tour off the
ground locally.  I was not well known in the local club, having only been
to two or three meetings.  An 'old boy' like Dave is bound to have more
success in persuading members to get involved. OTOH, no other club members
attended the Rendezvous event this weekend, and the only event Dave came
to was the show and shine the last afternoon (with his 1938 SS100).

Over and out,

Alan