[JONAT] Web Page suggestions

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Mar 15 21:48:01 2004

As we are starting to fill in the blanks on the webpage, I think there
are a couple things on the site that need reorganizing. Nothing major, I
hope.

>From our main page <http://www.jonat.org/bob/jonat.htm> there isn't an
obvious place to find the sectors. We have the "Itinerary" which then
links to the sector pages, and the "Maps" which does also. At the very
least, I think we should change "Maps" to "Sector Maps". Likewise, if
anyone wants to simplify, we're the only one with link tour, and
actually we have two links at the start and one link at the end. It's OK
with me if we want to dispose of the link column and the Arizona link
tour entirely. I don't think there's anyone in Phoenix who doesn't know
how to get there. If there are, it could be explained in two lines at
the top, and an an additional map at the bottom.

Next, when you click on the "Maps" link you get the sectors, which is
fine. When you click on a particular sector, you get the sector page,
which is also fine, but then at the top, you have a "Sector Webpage"
link, which is a bit confusing since you seem to be at the sector
webpage already. How about if that was moved to the bottom, in the same
font, and it was renamed "Additional Sector Information"? Or better yet,
how about having the information below the page headers so that you
don't have to go anywhere else to see what the sector is about (except
in those instances where the sector information is housed on a different
server).

Mark - AZ