[JONAT] JCNA

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Sat Apr 2 22:35:02 2005

Good news. The BoD has determined that we don't have to go to the AGM for a
vote because it's not a sanctioned event. They gave us the go ahead for the
planning to begin. Today, I gave a presentation at the AGM to get the
delegates fired up to get their clubs involved. It looks like I've been
assigned to be the point man, but I'll need help from you guys, the stalwarts.
I'll share the credit if you'll share the load.

There was a general agreement that this was a good idea, but what really got
their attention, because it was a major part of the discussion, was the idea
of tying into club events along the way. The rally program is on life support,
and I suggested that having clubs incorporate a rally as a part of their
sector, really excited the rally people.

I talked with Jim Hendrix after I made my presentation to the AGM and he said
that based on what I said, JCNA insurance would cover JCNA members. What I
forgot to ask was the Canadian question specifically, but he was aware that
the tour would go through Canada. I gave him a copy of the proposal and he was
going to look it over to be absolutely sure.

The other aspect of it was non-JCNA-members coverage. Jim said that given no
problem with the the regular event charge would apply. That's $5.00, however
since each event is a local club event, I think that would be $5.00 per
segment. Therefore, if you were doing a few segments, it might be worth
becoming a member.

So we're off and running. Who's on board to help at the organizational level?

Bob England, if you want to be co-organizer, and perhaps represent the
interests of the non-JCNA folks, that would be great. You were the money-man,
right? JCNA affiliation will take a burden off your shoulders. Pascal already
has credit card capabilities on the JCNA website and Nelson Rath is the JCNA
Treasurer, so everything will go through them.

Fazal, sorry our paths didn't cross, but you are welcome to continue as the
international coordinator, and if you and any Aussie (or any other
nationality) pals can make the trip, we'd be thrilled to have you.

Greg Meboe, I've talked to Pascal, and he is willing to house the tour
information on JCNA's server. I told him that I thought your pages were very
good and he said he'd take a look at them. In any case, the two of you should
get in contact. This will save JONAT (or whoever is paying for the hosting)
money, although it would be great if we could keep the name up and forward
requests to JCNA.

Jamie, you must have been the idea guy. I'm going to need all the brainpower
you and everyone else can provide.

Did I leave out anyone at the top of the command structure?

The next part of this is to get enthusiastic clubs and individuals to
volunteer to do this. I want to start with the most enthusiastic, because
they'll do the best job organizing and perhaps more importantly, promoting the
tour to the Jaguar enthusiasts in their areas. My idea is to take a map and
start sticking pins in it as clubs and individuals volunteer. Hopefully, I'll
end up with something resembling a circuit. Then if I need to fill in some
gaps, I'll contact clubs in the areas.

All of the SCs who have hung around from last year should have the first shot
at sectors next year. They have the experience and hopefully the enthusiasm to
do a good job, so I think it's only fair that we give past SCs the first shot
for 2006. So let us know if you want to handle a sector for 2006.

Mark - JCNA guy (how's that for an official title)