[JONAT] AGM report

Bob jonat@autox.team.net
Mon Apr 4 20:06:01 2005

Mark

I didn't comment yet on your ideas, so I thought I could ad my $us1.5 cents:

I like your idea about the start/finish in the Pacific northwest as it seems
there are a couple of great tie-in events.  One thing we (someone?) has to
do is put together a tentative route (i.e. very early starting point for
discussion) and put some real rough dates on it.  We found in '04 that we
had to juggle the too-hot desert areas with the too cold northern and
mountain areas to make the timing a best fit best for all.  This should be
started fairly shortly as it will take several months of messaging to come
up with even a rough schedule around which clubs can start planning events.
Last year it was done by the Route Coordinator (me), but I'm not up to that
task for '06.

Getting the clubs on board as you suggest is one of the early tasks.  In
'04, some sector organizers came on board fairly late in the day and in
fairness didn't have enough time to plan/publicise events.

Regarding lists, we currently have two lists on autox.team.net, although we
are only using the [JONAT] one.  Perhaps Pascal might be interested in
becoming the keeper of these lists (?) rather than myself?  (Another task
I'd like to shed for '06).  Or perhaps JCNA has lists and we can transfer
these lists there (?)

The pins and binder ideas we thought were great ideas for '04, but never did
get those going.  I still think they are worth merit - I'm moving my office
to the same building a fairly large pin company is in and can check on some
costs if appropriate.

I really thought that Jay added to the character of the Tour (I got some
real interesting looks carrying around a stuffed Jaguar with a cowboy hat at
the dinosaur museum and at Goodwood!)

One thing to keep in mind is corporate sponsorship timing.  If we want some
participation by Jaguar, JDHT, or other such large organizations they have
very long gestation times for their budgets, and we might want to start
thinking about making those contacts sooner than later.  Last year I had the
good fortune of making contacts with people at Jaguar Canada and the Jaguar
Daimler Heritage Trust, and would be more than happy to follow up with those
individuals if appropriate.  It think some others made a few good contacts
with Jaguar in California (but I'm not sure if we made any with PAG - anyone
out there remember)?

Bob