[JONAT] SC's List

Mark Stephenson jonat@autox.team.net
Tue Apr 5 17:59:03 2005

Jim,

Does your club do driving tours in your Jaguars? Ever do any extended ones
of three days or more where club members visit something interesting or
drive through some pretty country, or both?

If you answered yes, then you've already done what we're suggesting. If no,
the recipe is simple.

10-12 local Jaguar driving enthusiasts (yielding
    about half that when you actually hit the road)
    interested in a...
3-4 day loop tour to interesting places in the area

Obtain suggestions from club members.
Devise a route.
Locate restaurants and lodging along the way.
Merge your local club loop into the connecting
     points of the continental loop

What's not to work?

The weakest link is getting your local club members interested. If you don't
have a core group of drivers in your club or they are apathetic, then, as
you suggest, it won't work.

I set up a couple link options for my 2004 sector because it was a full week
and I knew there would only be a few people who could run the entire thing.
I had the week-long loop, a Friday morning to Sunday loop, and a Friday
evening to Sunday loop. You can view the maps at the link below. We started
out the loop with four people, maxed out at eleven, and finished with eight.

Hopefully that makes it look more plausible.

Mark - JCNA coordinator