[Kcup] Fwd: Updated RA paddock map and KCup Planning

Jhouathome jhouathome at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 20:36:49 MDT 2013

Hi Joe,
Missed you at RA last weekend!  Here are a couple of stray thoughts:

I will be getting to RA on Wednesday before the Kcup, and so should be able to babysit the paddock issues all day Thursday.

I believe we have someone from Tech arranged to be in the Triumph paddock Thursday after registration opens, and Friday AM as well.  If possible we will have someone in our area Friday PM and Saturday AM to tech touring cars and save everyone the traffic jam of the tech building.

I will be on drivers committee for the weekend, and can run interference for any TR people with issues or incidents.

I would like to have a TR drivers meeting with our group sometime Friday to go over VSCDA driver rules, and our philosophy on penalties, infractions etc.  we will have a huge group, so playing well will be critical.  RA gets rather up in arms if a group is perceived to have "issues", and we need to leave the best possible impression.  It will also be helpful for the chief steward to know that we are self policing.

I am working on getting a film crew from Speed TV on site Saturday and Sunday.  Should know soon.

Last weekend we discussed the issue of having a keg in our paddock Friday PM.  RA gets nervous about that in a big hurry.  It's one thing to have a cooler with friends, another to have an "event" with alcohol.  They typically only allow that if they cater it and can handle security and bar tending.  They also want to profit from any mass sale or distribution of anything, which I understand.  If we want to do that I am sure we can work something out.

I will be conducting the standard chapel service on Sunday morning for anyone interested in attending.

Do have Jason's contact info?

Thanks,
John

Sent from my iPad