[Mailman] Early MG TD Hubs

gunnellj tds.net gunnellj at tds.net
Mon Feb 11 07:14:38 MST 2013

The "hot rod" TD I am working on has the early brake drums with removable
hubs that have been removed so that a machine shop could get a stuck
bearing out.

The short, slotted tapered-head screws that hold the hubs to the drum are
all messed up and one appears to have snapped off leaving a piece of the
screw stuck in the hole. The other screws have messy slots and threads and
it really doesn't make sense to re-use them. I haven't seen replacements
anywhere.

Can I just have a shop drill the holes clean and attach the hubs with steel
rivets?

Any other suggestions?

--

"Gunner"

John Gunnell
PO Box 87
Iola, WI 54945
Ph: 715-445-4262
Cell: 715-281-5925

LIVIN' THE DREAM

Please visit Gunner's Great Garage

Restoration Shop - Automotive Book Shop - Art Gallery

E6110 Fuhs Rd, Manawa, WI 54949

Cell: 715-281-5925 (anytime)

Take A Slide Show Tour of the Shop at www.gunnersgreatgarage.com

Check my blog Gunner's Garage at www.oldcarsweekly.com

Publications and Websites I Contribute To: Old Cars Weekly, Old Cars
Restoration Guide, For Vettes Only, Amos Auto Enthusiast Weekly (digital),
Auto Enthusiast (print), Towing & Recovery Footnotes, Auto Restorer,
Vintage Truck, Vette Vues, Free Riders Press, Second Chance Garage, Garage
Style, Ol Skool Rodz, Car Kulture Deluxe, Gunner's Great Garage News
(blog), Gunner's Garage (blog), Super Chevy, Muscle Car Review, Smoke
Signals, Pontiac Registry (Website), Classic Motorsports, Gearhead News,
Keith Lasrsen Show Newstalk 1110 / WBLT Radio Charlotte, N.C., Muzzy
Broadcasting System's Legends of Country B-104.9 Stevens Point WI &
Occasional Others.