[Mg-mmm] Head Stud Torque and Checking

Gerhard Maier m.g.erhard at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 10:53:56 MST 2009

Hi,

I too torque up the cylinder head with a figure of 35 lbs ft.
However when I have a old genuine block, I feel a bit unsafe and stop at 30 lbs ft.

I also noticed another danger - - - -.
When you use a original N-type block, be careful in tightening the
two most forward studs, because obviously on those N-type blocks,
the front was altered on a milling machine, to give space
for the larger AT 174 dynamo, and there is not so much "meat" left,
to anchor the front studs as safely as on the other blocks.

Regards,
Gerhard Maier