[Mg-mmm] Spoke Replacement and Wheel Truing

Chris Bucknell c.bucknell at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 13 02:48:29 MST 2010

Hi All,

Not getting a lot of help out of the forum in England so far so I thought I
would try you guys.

I am respoking some 15 inch race wheels for our pre-war Racer.  I want to
know what the out of round tolerance should be and the axial wobble
tolerance.  Hopefully everyone can work out what I am talking about.

I have a hub mounted on a jig and am able to measure the out of round and
the axial wobble  by a dial gauge.

I have gotten down to 50 thou for the out of round and 130 thou for the
axial wobble.  At what point is enough enough?

Chris