[Mg-t] need opinion - part it out or sale

peter-thiel at sbcglobal.net peter-thiel at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 11 05:05:34 MDT 2008

Hi Paul,
    Are you talking about what's best for the car's sake or for your sake?
What would be better financially? It all depends on how much time you're
willing to spend, what condition it is in, how complete, and what you need out
of it $-wise. There are always folks looking to buy up parts or projects. As
far as breaking up a complete car in fair-to-good condition, I wouldn't do it.
You may (may not, too) get more for individual parts if you want to spend the
time to remove the part, advertise it, ship it, and go on to the next part.
Often you end up with all the good stuff sold, and a pile of less desireable
stuff that's too good to throw away, but no one really wants. It's your
personal preference really. I vote for less trouble, sell it as a car, not
parts.
Pete Thiel
'53 TD