[Mg-t] Urgent help needed Santa Cruz/LaBrea area

Dave and Liz DuBois ddubois at sinclair.net
Sat Aug 15 17:21:07 MDT 2009

Bud - I started the message after getting an e-mail from Chris.  At the
time that he e-mailed it appeared that evacuations were emanate and it
didn't sound like he had much time to scare up the necessary items to make
the air pressure rig.  I had him clean the points points on his fuel pump
and that did the tric.  I just got a message from him, stating among other
things, "The fire is now 30% contained, and theyre saying that if nothing
untoward happens, i.e., dramatic shift in direction and/or velocity of the
wind, the firefighters might be starting to prevail.  Were keeping our
fingers crossed." so it looks like the immediate emergency is somewhat
relieved. Thanks to everyone who responded to Chris - my wife and I used
to live in southern California in an area that was often hit by wild fires
and nothing is quite as intimidating as seeing one of them coming your
way.  I think, if nothing else, the response from other MG people made
Chris feel less alone and saving his car.

Thank you all,
Dave