[Mg-t] tach connection

JohnD johnsfolly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:44:22 MDT 2009

Oliver:Try to find a blow-up drawing of the tach drive gear box and how it
connects, or take a close look at someone else's right on the car. It'll
become obvious. The back of the dynamo drives the little shaft. The knurled
knob holds the shaft into the dynamo. As I remember it, the u-shaped brass
thing keeps the gearbox unit from rotating out of position and shorting out
your distributor. After you compare yours to a working one, you may decide
to just buy a new tach drive gearbox. The little shaft gets chewed up. This
can happen if the gears inside the box get stiff or jammed. You may be able
to fab something, but...you'll probably have to buy one.  Friendly Mr. Ed
can help you with that.
John Deikis

--
Racing in the Past Lane!