[Mg-t] Broken axle

Douglas Ormrod Douglas.Ormrod at neurological.org.nz
Fri Aug 21 17:17:28 MDT 2009

I snapped an axle yesterday - bummer.

I have taken it out and it has broken way up inside at the diff end.
Seems to have snapped just inside the outer bearing in the diff carrier.

So do I have to take the whole rear end out and split the diff or can I
take the other shaft out and push the broken bit through form the other
side? If it can be pushed through do I need one of those slide hammer
things shown in the manual or will the intact shaft come out fairly
easily?  I guess I should replace both axles at this point.

Any advice on the job gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Douglas in New Zealand