[Mg-t] MG TF Battery size

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Mon Jul 5 19:12:27 MDT 2010

Howard,
I haven't seen an answer that I was expecting.  I do not have a TF, but
have a TD.  As I recall group 27 was the original size.  They are very
large and heavy, but occasionally I run across one, either at a big box
store, warehouse club, or battery store.
The last one I got for my Healey 3000 at a local battery store.  Price
was reasonable.  My TD has a group 24 in it which are around the same
height, but shorter in length.  Either can be found in the "F" version
(Ford?) with the terminals reversed. One of them works well when you
have changed to negative ground.
Either battery has enough power to easily start an XPAG.  Both are
vintage groups, so may not be available everywhere.
Charlie