[Mg-t] Joining the list

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Thu Jul 15 23:21:35 MDT 2010

Walton Smith wrote:
> Afternoon Douglas,
> I noticed the footer of your email has a
> suggested annual donation of
> $11.47; however bazaar or maybe inappropriate
> this new practice, you would think
> there was someone there on the receiving
> end.

I should update that.  The 11.47 was likely just copied over
from the Spitfire list, as 1147 cc is the displacement of the
Mark 1 and 2 Spit motors.  I should pick something more
appropriate for MG T series cars.  Of course some folks are
not about to support Team.Net as they believe it just appears
by magic, there certainly can't be a real person keeping the
servers running, paying for the ISP bill, paying for the network
connection, trying to keep the hardware reasonably up to date.
Nope, certainly nobody would do something like that.
> All kidding aside;
> the following is taken from the Team website and may be of
> some
> assistance.
>
> The British-cars list, and others located at autox.team.net are
> run by an
> automated "list Server", called majordomo.

Gee, noticing the suggested donation but completely
missing the link to the *mailman* list management page.
It has been quite some time since majordomo was used.

A number of modern mailers will display RFC2369 headers
as clickable links if set up properly.  These RFC2369 headers
included in all the messages sent are lines like:

<mailto:mg-t-request at autox.team.net?subject=subscribe>

Also the monthly reminder has the appropriate links to mailman
as well.  The correct information is right there, all you have to do
is pay attention.

mjb.