[Mg-t] Selling tips needed

Dick Dell rddell at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 26 18:19:30 MDT 2010

MGTers,

 Having gone through some very tough years getting my business started
during
 the 'great recession', it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel is
 not a train this time. My small company is now doing research on electric
 and hybrid vehicles.

 Lack of money and lack of time have resulted in my old '54 MGTF sitting in
 the air conditioned, carpeted garage without being driven for about 3 years
 (I do start her up periodically).

 I have to face facts that I will have no time to do the
 needed restoration work or just to enjoy the car. So I am considering a
sale.

 The car is a daily driver, right hand drive 1250 original engine. Yellow
 repaint over original dark green, original leather seats are dark green and
 they have been given regular hyde food. The colour combination actually
 looks quite good.

 Paint is cracking and seats could use a little work. Engine starts and runs
 well but oil pressure is low, drops to zero at idle.

 Biggest problem is that the last owner was a lady who let her daughter
drive
 the car and the gearbox syncos are pretty shot. Slow shifting there is no
 problem but fast shifting will grind something awful. I have owned the car
 since 1976.

 So I ask the list for tips on marketing such a car. I can check recent
 prices in Hemmings and other places but I wonder where the best place would
 be to list the car (should I make the final decision to sell). Craigslist,
Hemmings, eBay, or ?

 Your opinions are welcomed. (Including comments on whether I should sell or
not.)

 Dick Dell
Raleigh, NC