[Mg-t] Selling tips needed

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 06:06:59 MDT 2010

My two cents.  Unless you need the money, don't sell it if your intention is
to get another, better, one "someday."  Even if you do buy another in the
future, and even if it has been professionally restored, it will never match
the potential you see in your dreams for this car.  You'll kick yourself for
the rest of your life.  (Ask me about the '73 MGB I had to abandon two days
before moving overseas.)

Sounds like it needs a trans rebuild and new bearings.  Neither are as big a
deal as you might think, and can be done by someone near you.

If you must sell it, I would include NEMGTR's The Sacred Octagon on my list.
Being RHD, I would also consider advertising overseas - TFs are rare anywhere,
maybe even more so where they were made than here.  Just a couple years ago, I
believe, you would have gotten a much better price from a UK buyer than a U.S.
buyer.  Not sure about that now.

Brace yourself for scammers.

Best of luck,

-Mike Eldred