[Mg-t] British cars

Douglas Ormrod Douglas.Ormrod at neurological.org.nz
Tue Jun 28 15:37:42 MDT 2011

Perhaps Americans should only be allowed to run for public office if
they have rebuilt a British car or bike. Such a requirement would
indicate:

A world view, well at least as far as the English Channel
An ability to solve difficult problems (keeping Lucas lights burning)
An ability to co-operate with others (sharing of BSF and BA tap and die
sets, the Dremel and beer)
Diplomacy (keeping your marriage together after a budget blowout)
Dealing with budget blowouts without compromising your childrens'
education (too much)
Concern for the environment (smaller engines = less oil, OK, except for
the bit that leaks out - but fit a cup and you can recycle it)
The ability to have fun

But you may have to exclude Triumph owners as I understand George Bush
2nd had one of those in his misspent yoooth.

What about the women though. Have to think about that.

Douglas