[Mg-t] Overheating

PopeyMike at aol.com PopeyMike at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 05:44:28 MST 2011

Stu:

"Talk about a sauna."

Look at the bright side - SAY "weight control"

Michael Balahutrak
1951 TD
Houston, TX
_________________________________

In a message dated 3/9/2011 9:35:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
simbafish at comcast.net writes:

Hi  Charlie,

Thanks for your reply. Here are some answers to your  questions.

1) I use Water Wetter WITH anti-freeze. I have read all  versions of
reports/comments whether the combination is good, whether one  should be
used
instead of the other, etc. Even the manufacturer only says  they can be used
together but not if this is a good idea or not.

2)  The radiator was boiled out 65,920 miles or 9 years ago. How often
should
this be done?

3) How would I know visually if the radiator  has been recored. Certainly
was
not done by me in the last 11 years of  ownership, but the previous owner
may
have done so when doing an off frame  restoration. He was a machinist and
professional Triumph racer at  Indianapolis. I have his shoe box of all
receipts for parts and labor and  find no mention of recoring.

4) Opening the slats would be a great idea  but I am afraid it would crack
the lacquer acrylic paint. I have very  little for touching up.

5) Once I tried making a fan shroud to capture  as much air as possible. I
thought it too precarious  to install, with  the fan blade whirling around,
for more than just a test. The short test  did not indicate it would be
beneficial, but this test may not have been  adequate to evaluate.

5) I did install a heater. I suppose I could  dissipate the heat by running
the heater in the desert (at my great  discomfort). Talk about a  sauna.

Stu

Mg-t at autox.team.net
Suggested annual donation   $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive