[Mg-t] How to seat oil filter seal?

Mike E redscirocco at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:25:05 MDT 2012

Bob,I've changed the oil in my TF scores of times and, every once in a while,
things go maddeningly wrong. I've even sought the same help here.Inevitably,
it's because I've left an old seal in, even though I'm 100% sure that I
haven't, 100% certain that I've double-checked, and 100% certain everyone's
advice to check for an old seal is off the mark.
Now I usually stick a push-pin in the slot, you can easily tell if it hits the
rubber gasket, and usually it will come right out when you withdraw the pin.
Once you've cleaned the slot out, the middle size of the three rings should
fit in there quite easily.
-Mike EldredWilmington, VT