[Mg-t] TD Starter problem

Stuart Keen simbafish at comcast.net
Sat Mar 3 14:42:58 MST 2012

Thanks for your reply. I too thought that perhaps there might not be a good
connection and therefore sometimes not enough amperage to throw forward the
starter gear, engage and turn the ring gear/flywheel. Tomorrow I will check
the few connections not yet inspected.

I already checked and physically cleaned the following without any change:

Battery (new) terminals and connectors
Terminals and connectors at the starter switch (new)
Positive terminal and connector at the starter motor

The grounding strap (Moss 332-070 cable to ground, frame to gearbox) was
replaced by Glenn's MG Repair

The two places not inspected are:

1. Battery to ground connection - side of battery box (TD set up for
Negative ground) - cleaned previously (some months ago) but will do again

2. Starter ground - two bolts that hold the motor to the engine.

Can you think of any others I should be checking?

Stu Keen
1951MG TD MkII