[Mg-t] TD front fenders

Bob Grunau grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 23 06:01:58 MDT 2016

Those strips are original
Bob, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: Mg-t [mailto:mg-t-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Thomas McNamara
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:14 AM
To: Stan Fickes
Cc: Mg-t at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TD front fenders

Hey all, my TD also has those stiffener strips welded in place.  Tom

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 22, 2016, at 10:25 PM, Stan Fickes <spridget at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> While examining my front fenders in preparation for some metalwork, my
welder pointed out a ~3/8" wide metal strip tacked (welded or brazed every
six inches or so) to the inside of each rolled edge on the outside edge of
each fender. He thought that it was not a factory item, but something added.
I can post pictures if it would be helpful. I'm not aware of any MGTDs
closer than an hour, so would someone please reach behind the rolled edge of
their front fender above the tire and tell me if there's a strip or just the
rolled edge? They run from just behind the curved front end to nearly the
rear end of the fender.