[Mg-t] TD Gas Tank Coating

Wayne Francis whfrancis at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 5 13:27:51 MST 2016

   Thanks to all for the responses on the gas tank coating.  Interestingly, the feedback was both pro and con on whether to do the coating.  The first recommendation was to get rid of the old Moss coating, which I will do.  My other thoughts:  the car last had gas in the tank when it was last on the road in '68.  So it was dry for about 16 years before it went through the RediStrip cleaning process (in Santa Ana, CA...long gone).  Since the tank had never leaked before, and wasn't used for years, I'm thinking that I won't coat it for now.  If I develop a pinhole leak in the future I'll coat it then.  Got some excellent recommendations on how to do that.

   Thanks again for all the suggestions.Wayne