[Mgb-v8] shortened water pump

David Kernberger dkern at napanet.net
Fri Aug 29 12:57:32 MDT 2008

Barrie et al,

	Perhaps I spoke up a bit too soon and without enough
knowledge of the particular situation.  Please forgive me.  I saw the
side by side comparison picture but my old slow computer would not
show me the V8 magazine article.  My comments were based on the
simple assumption that the pulleys had aligned properly with the
unmodified pump in place.  Now it appears that nobody knows if that
was true.  In fact nobody even knows what crank pulley and/or
generator pulleys were used, or if anything else was changed at all.
So it is about as clear as mud.

	The only thing we know for sure is that, if things line up OK
BEFORE the pump is modified, they won't align properly AFTER the pump
is modified, unless other pulleys are also modified.  It really is
just that simple.

	My 2 cents worth.  I will shut up now.

Cheers,
Dave K.

>Ron,
>
>I am really surprised at the fuss the pulley has caused and so I
>called the shop who did the work.  Naturally after 6-7 years they had
>no clear recollection.   The chap said he felt sure it was an SD1 or
>Buick crank pulley he used - no special work.  I suppose I could get
>under the car and see what is what but at this time it is having new
>springs fitted (front sagged to 12", rear to 13" and I was scraping
>the bottom).  I also have some trouble with the traction bars as the
>new Moss springs are fatter than currently installed and it is
>missing bolts to floor.

Barrie