[Mgb-v8] I see the light!! (shortened water pump)

GrayTesla at aol.com GrayTesla at aol.com
Fri Aug 29 19:09:14 MDT 2008

<<Here's a pic of Barrie's engine with the shortened pump:
_http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson/BarrieRobinson-H.jpg_
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson/BarrieRobinson-H.jpg)

Compare that with the offset on Mike Moor's water pump pulley:
_http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikelMoor/MikelMoor-H.JPG_
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/MikelMoor/MikelMoor-H.JPG)

Carl Floyd>>

Dave is right in that originally it was stated that no change in either
pulley was needed.

However, Carl's pictures have cleared the entire mess up -- at least for me.
I can see from the two pictures that the actual plane remains the same in the
modification and therefore the pump pulley is in alignment with the crank
pulley. The difference is in how far forward the remainder of the pump sits in its
original configuration.

Overall, a very nice savings allowing much needed space. Thanks again to Carl
for those pictures and to Barrie for "gettin er done."

Darius

deal here.