[Mgb-v8] SD1 gearbox oil pump

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 02:03:53 MDT 2008

According to my Haynes the oil pump is at the back of the gearbox below and
slightly forward of the output flange.  The manual shows the oil pump being
removed only after the rear cover has been removed, which looks like it can
only be done after removal of the remote control housing, output flange,
speedo drive, and '5th gear selector spool locating boss'.  Pity it doesn't
give an output pressure for the pump, or you could put your mind at rest.  Or
alternatively start planning a strip-down.

PaulH.