[Mgb-v8] Fuel regulator for MGB GT V8

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Thu Sep 25 08:33:53 MDT 2008

I have a Rover 3.5L engine with 10:1 compression and mild cam.  It is
fed by the appropriate (new) SU pump.  While reading the manual (I
did what??) on the Edelbrock 1404 carb, that is fitted, it said one
should use an Edelbrock 8190 fuel regulator.

Now, I do know my engine runs rich (very) and on Mark's (D&D
Fabrications) advice, I am about to change to Prime metering rod 1441
size 062052,  Primary jet  1421  080, (orange springs).  I often get
big smells of gas, and black smoke when I do a stationary broom
broom.  But the Eddy manual sort of suggests this could also be due
to too high a fuel pressure.

So my question is .....Is a fuel regulator a good idea, or is it just
a refinement which would hardly make any difference?  I did find that
one has to have a gauge too so the whole thing will cost about $100

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060