[Mgb-v8] Fuel regulator for MGB GT V8

James Bown jaguarsandrail at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:31:08 MDT 2008

The jet/rod change is a good idea.
I did the same to mine and the over rich condition is fixed.
Do you need a regulator?
Check your fuel pressure and find out.
If it is too high then either use a regulator or fix the problem with the fuel
pump.
I am not using a regulator because the pressure from my fuel pump is OK.
Regards,
Jim Bown> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:33:53 -0400> To: mgb-v8 at autox.team.net>
From: barrie at look.ca> Subject: [Mgb-v8] Fuel regulator for MGB GT V8> > I have
a Rover 3.5L engine with 10:1 compression and mild cam. It is > fed by the
appropriate (new) SU pump. While reading the manual (I > did what??) on the
Edelbrock 1404 carb, that is fitted, it said one > should use an Edelbrock
8190 fuel regulator.> > Now, I do know my engine runs rich (very) and on
Mark's (D&D > Fabrications) advice, I am about to change to Prime metering rod
1441 > size 062052, Primary jet 1421 080, (orange springs). I often get > big
smells of gas, and black smoke when I do a stationary broom > broom. But the
Eddy manual sort of suggests this could also be due > to too high a fuel
pressure.> > So my question is .....Is a fuel regulator a good idea, or is it
just > a refinement which would hardly make any difference? I did find that >
one has to have a gauge too so the whole thing will cost about $100> >
Regards> Barrie> > Barrie Robinson> (705) 721-9060>
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm> http://www.britcot.com >