[Mgb-v8] Fuel regulator for MGB GT V8

Jim Stuart jimbb88 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 17:29:46 MDT 2008

Barrie-

If you are using the stock MGB SU pump, it is unlikely you will develop more
than 4 lbs of pressure, which is what the SU and later Zeinith crabs
required- maybe a touch over with a new pump.

Carter and Edelbrock 4bbl crabs, per the factory manuals, are quite happy at
no more than  5 lbs.

I ran my Olds/Buick heads 215 10.75/1 compression for over 200,000 with
stock SU pumps and no regulator, and no problems. Later,
I found my 4.2 was starved at top end flat out with SU pump & changed to a
Faucet.

Jim