[Mgs] mgb engine mounting

mgbob at juno.com mgbob at juno.com
Sun Oct 16 16:23:26 MDT 2011

Hi Paul,
  No, you are not missing the point. Your MGB is fitted with a sensible
restraint rod.   Others, alas, did not have one, some GTs in particular.   You
see a horizontal bar connecting gearbox to chassis cross member.
   My GT does not have that bar.  Instead, there is a pin of about 1/4 that is
to keep the gearbox from kicking up. This pin does nothing, or almost nothing,
to keep the power uit from moving forward.
   Those of us with certain GTs believe that it was MG that missed the point.