[Mgs] mgb engine mounting

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 01:53:38 MDT 2011

As said some time back GTs originally never had the restraint rod, only Mk1
roadsters, GTs had the brackets on the engine mounts, as did Mk2 roadsters
until Feb 74.  From then North American roadsters and GTs had restraint rods
*plus* the control brackets, other markets not until September 74 and the
start of rubber bumper production and the round engine mounts when the
control brackets were dropped from all cars.  A '74' GT could have been
manufactured in 73, it depends on the chassis number.  Also a PO could have
not bothered refitting the restraint rod, the control brackets missing on
cars that should have them seems very common.

PaulH.