MIG Northeast Spring Ride - Reminder (again!)

Eric Boehm ejboehm@optonline.net
Mon, 10 May 2004 22:35:31 -0400

MIGs:

The rain-delayed 5th annual MIG Northeast Spring ride is this coming Sunday!

Details and directions below for those that haven't yet seen the
announcement.

Please respond if you'll be joining us so that I can get a headcount.

I hope to see many of you this coming Sunday!

     Eric 379

------------------------------

Announcing the 5th Annual MIG Northeast Spring Ride!

Date:  Sunday, May 16, 2004

Place:  Meeting at the NJ Transit train station in Far Hills, NJ.

Time:  Arrive between 8:00am and 9:30am.  Ride departs by 10:00am.

We will be riding a 180 mile loop through northwest NJ, northeast PA and
southern NY.

There will be stops for breaks, lunch, and photos along the way.  Bring a
camera.

The ride is open to MIG members and their guests.  Please feel free to bring
a friend.  Any brand is welcome, just leave the attitudes at home.

The Far Hills station is located on US 202 in Far Hills, Somerset County,
NJ.  The location is close to the intersection of I-78 and I-287.

I hope to see many of you there!

If you need any more information, email me here.

    Eric 379

Directions to the NJ Transit Train Station, Far Hills, NJ -

General:

The station is located on US 202 in Far Hills, NJ. This is the northwest
corner of Somerset County, NJ, and near the intersections of I-78 and I-287,
US 202 and US 206. The station is about 10 miles south of Morristown on US
202. For those of you with GPS, the coordinates are N40:41.125', W74:38.000'

>From the Northeast via I-80 (NYC-GW Bridge, Bergen County, New England):

Take I-80 west from the GW Bridge to exit 43, I-287 south. Take I-287 south
to exit 22, US 202/206 north. Stay to the right on 202/206 and follow this
north about 1 mile. Stay to the right at the split and follow 202 north.
About > mile, you'll come to a traffic light. Turn right to continue on US
202 north. After the next traffic light, the station will be on your left =
mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the East via I-78 (NYC-Holland Tunnel, Central Jersey, etc.):

Take I-78 west to exit 30, I-287 north. Take I-287 north to the second exit,
number 22b, US 202/206 north. Stay to the right on 202/206 and follow this
north about 1 mile. Stay to the right at the split and follow 202 north.
About > mile, you'll come to a traffic light. Turn right to continue on US
202 north. After the next traffic light, the station will be on your left =
mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the West via I-78 (Western NJ, Allentown/Easton area of PA):

Take I-78 east to exit 29, I-287 north. Take I-287 north to the second exit,
number 22b, US 202/206 north. Stay to the right on 202/206 and follow this
north about 1 mile. Stay to the right at the split and follow 202 north.
About > mile, you'll come to a traffic light. Turn right to continue on US
202 north. After the next traffic light, the station will be on your left =
mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the North via I-287 (Northeast NJ, Upstate NY):

Take I-287 south to exit 22, US 202/206 north. Stay to the right on 202/206
and follow this north about 1 mile. Stay to the right at the split and
follow 202 north. About > mile, you'll come to a traffic light. Turn right
to continue on US 202 north. After the next traffic light, the station will
be on your left = mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the South via I-287 (Southern NJ, Jersey Shore, NJ Turnpike
Northbound):

Follow NJ Turnpike or GSP to I-287. Take I-287 north to the second exit
north of I-78, number 22b, US 202/206 north. Stay to the right on 202/206
and follow this north about 1 mile. Stay to the right at the split and
follow 202 north. About > mile, you'll come to a traffic light. Turn right
to continue on US 202 north. After the next traffic light, the station will
be on your left = mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the South via US 202 (Southwestern NJ, Philadelphia Area, Bucks County,
PA):

Take US 202 North into NJ. Follow US 202 through Somerville where it joins
US 206. Just north of US 22 (Bridgewater Mall area), enter I-287 north to
bypass a stretch of 202/206 and avoid some traffic lights. Exit from 287 at
exit 22b (second ramp north of I-78), US 202/206 north. Stay to the right on
202/206 and follow this north about 1 mile. Stay to the right at the split
and follow 202 north. About > mile, you'll come to a traffic light. Turn
right to continue on US 202 north. After the next traffic light, the station
will be on your left = mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the Northwest via I-80 (Northwest NJ, Northeast PA):

I-80 east to exit 27, US 206 south. Follow US 206 south through Flanders and
Chester, total of about 16 miles. Look for the traffic light at Lamington
Road (next light south of Holland Road). There will be a Shell station on
the right and a bank and Quick Chek on the left. Turn left onto Lamington
Road (523) and follow it to the next light. At the next light, continue
straight onto US 202 north. After the next traffic light, the station will
be on your left = mile later, just before the tracks.

>From the North via US 206 (Sussex County, NJ, Orange County, NY):

Follow US 206 south from the Sussex County area. At Stanhope/Netcong, follow
the 206 bypass onto I-80 east. Take the next exit (27) back onto US 206