HELP - Backfiring and Spitting

Jacuzzi jacuzzi2313@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:57:36 -0700 (PDT)

I did something really stupid yesterday, I washed my bike, dried her nicely and put her away without starting her up.

This morning I was ready to go out on the Kick-It Ride for the American Cancer Society.  Well she spat and backfired and would only run on one cylinder, so I did the only compassionate thing I could, I roller her back into the garage.  Fortunately a friend stores his bike in my garage.  It's a Vulcan 800 Classic that desparately needed to be riden.  I took his bike for the day and was off.

Today was a perfect day for motorcycling.  Sunny skies, cool temps, warm enough for a tee shirt, but not too hot.

When I got home this afternoon, I took the Marauder out.  She backfired and spit out flames, but ran on both cylinders for the most part.  I could hear her popping under the tank in the front air box.

Will this cure itself?  Did I do any damage to her?

Thanks MIGdom

Jacuzzi #2313
'01 Marauder
Stage 1 jet kit and Cobra Slip On's