trip

Curtis Jenkins curtis_j@pacbell.net
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:16:04 -0700 (PDT)

What a great report, Bill - I could put myself right there with you - and I *wish* I was right there with you!  :-)

I hope that you can get in another great ride tomorrow - and please let us know when you do.

cj

William McEver <mcever@comcast.net> wrote:
What a beautiful day, lo humidity, 70s. Took Wende to West Virginia to buy
some cigarettes .... $10.00 a carton cheaper. Back roads, Ohio river, low
traffic, almost mesmerized at how peaceful it was, except for the popcorn
sound of the Beemer engine. I looked at everything, but really saw nothing but
my thoughts in my mind. Had a long sleeve denim shirt under my jacket, so I
stuff the jacket in saddlebag. A little chilly with the cloud cover, but they
were the high cumulus, and the air was clear. A day so perfect that I could
have ridden for ever, if the old body was in better shape. I wish I had the
nerve to ride at night, but the small mammals, and deer are to willing to make
themselves targets. I know the problem exist almost every where, but the
dense woods, curves, and hills, don't give you a good sight line, even if you
know the road. Which is the most dangerous type, and you can't see that far
ahead. And I sure as hell don't want to ride the slabs, cause the cages are
worse than the critters. It's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow, and I
might do it again!!!
Be safe friends.

MC 137
BMW Wende