MIG's future

The Gammons gammon@optonline.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:55:27 -0500

Attention all MIGs!

I have covered the costs of the MIG site and mail service for some time now.  I don't regret it, frankly I'm proud to have had the opportunity and to have helped. But it is time for someone else to pick up the torch. I'm not giving any time limit, and no, I am not leaving MIG. I just have too much on my plate and I need to reduce some of the stress in my life.

MIG has always been non-profit. MIG has never been "run" by anyone. I hope MIG will continue with this tradition, and I refuse to turn it over to anyone who does not pledge to keep it free and unmoderated. But the group will make the decision to approve the new operator(s), not me.

This isn't cheap to operate, and if someone asks for donations to fund this, I want to make a serious point. In the past, damn few people have actually stepped up and actually donated time or money to keep this thing we love going. A lot of people talk, but unless someone else decides to cover the costs in full, you are going to have to decide if you are a real MIG, or just taking a free ride. We have taken up collections in the past for members who were in need, and the results have not been very good.

So if asked, dust off your wallet and put your money where your mouth is. If every active member put in $6 a year, it should cover the costs.

My hat is off to Jeff, Robbie, Tina, Jeanne, Craig, Roland, Mike E, Doodles, Eric, Shoe, my friend Paul Switzer and a several more I can't recall (but you know who you are) who have put real effort into making MIG work in a hundred big and small ways. I am sorry I have missed some names, but I have only so much memory.

I want to stay involved, and I will never sell Bessy, my 98 Marauder. I'd appreciate it if we can get this done in the next few months.

JimG MIG #229
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.